Thursday 3 December 2015

banksy

I wanted to look at Banksy because I believe he often tackles quite heavy subjects and draws society to a lot of the political and social issues that are happening in the world.
I looked at his website and these were some of the images that I am influenced by. They show how the art world has also been effected by the contemporary society.



QUOTES FOR BANKSY

‘In many places, painting graffiti is illegal. We don't advocate breaking the law, but we think art belongs in public spaces and that more legal walls should be made available for this fascinating art form.’ - Art Crimes Website

"I mean, they say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time." - Banksy

'After claims that his success meant that he had sold out, Banksy said: "I love the way capitalism finds a place – even for its enemies. It’s boom time in the discontent industry."' - BBC Website

‘Banksy will never knowingly be accused of subtlety, using imagery that is familiar to the masses’ - Leither Magazine

'But such attitude-based aggregators distinguish themselves from the kitschy Internet by embracing the premise that cultural production can improve an unjust society, whereas Banksy’s premise seems to be that cultural production can point out how awful everything is.' - NY Times


 
I decided to look at Rage the Flower Thrower in my essay. I decided to do this piece of art because I think it is one of Banksy's most popular and most political pieces. I think it says a lot about society and Banky's opinion on what is happening in the world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment