Saturday 18 March 2017

cop: study task 9


What are they?

Japanese / Traditional / Aesthetics / Floating World (Ukiyo-e) / Communication / Fineliner / Replication / Block Colour / Repurposing / Woodblock Printing

What do they mean?

I chose these words because they are key points to my essay. Japanese and Woodblock Printing are obvious, as this is the main focus of my essay. Aesthetics relates more to my journal as this is what I tried to tackle within that. Ukiyo-e is one of the types of Japanese print that I looked at the most, as it's the most interesting to me. Replication and Re-purposing are about me and others taking the traditional Japanese art and doing it again for different means. Fineliner and Block colour are about the aesthetics of the art that I want to try and replicate within my journal. 

Relate the words together in pairs and write why they relate to your project – be specific.

Japanese - Woodblock Print
Ukiyo-e - Aesthetics
Fineliner - Blockcolour
Replication - Repurposing
Aesthetics - Replication
Ukiyo-e - Woodblock Print
Woodblock Print - Communication
Communication - Aesthetics

Task 2

1. Researching Woodblock Printing Process
2. Getting certain books out of the Library that really helped me to develop my essay, i.e Japanese Popular Prints
3. Looking at Hokusai and merchandise surrounding that
4. Looked at contemporary users of woodblock print.
5. Determined how I wanted my journal to look, Aesthetics
6. Realised that woodblock printing would be a hard process for me to replicate so using aesthetics would help me to keep good time management
7. Finishing my visual journal
8. Discovered websites such as JSTOR which helped me to locate journals and theorists
9. Looked at Japanese Graphics and how it has evolved
10. Worked out how well it was all communicated

No comments:

Post a Comment