Sunday 5 November 2017

COP3: Self Evaluation 5/11/17

It has been slow going with my essay, I am not going to lie. I am struggling with motivation and depression, so getting out of bed to do work has been really difficult for me. So, as of late, I am quite dissapointed in the work that I have produced so far. For the writing part of this, I think I struggle the most, even as someone who did an English Literature A Level, I thought this would come more easily to me but it turns out it's not.

The practical side of this is coming a bit easier, as I have been quite enjoying drawing cats. I want to challenge myself to be more free with my drawings and not get so particular about how I want things to look. My tutor mentioned using ink and loosening myself up as I got myself into the headspace of all my drawings having to look 'perfect' and 'refined'. I do want to try and get out of this and become more open to different ways of working because I think that it will help me to evolve this project and enjoy working on it more.

The drawings that I have so far have been enjoyable, I am trying to work on drawing with the influence of popular idioms. For example 'scaredy-cat', however I wanted to try and not make it so obvious as to draw a scared cat but explore the ways in which I can put across this impression using my illustration. The ways in which I have done this, for example, is being quick and light handed, as if scared to draw details.

No comments:

Post a Comment