Tuesday 2 February 2016

visual journal proposal

COP Proposal


The question that I have chosen is ‘What role does Illustration play in times of political and social upheaval’. There are many things that I would like to do with my journal, I want to experiment more and use political and social themes. I don’t just want to focus on war or anything like that I want to get into more issues like animal cruelty and feminism, etc. I think just because my essay is about propaganda & animal cruelty it doesn’t mean that I just have to draw pictures of war and hatred. I can also follow themes such as rebellion, which I can portray by doing things like colouring out of the line, which could be seen as an artist’s way of showing rebellion. I also want to make sure that I am doing different ways of doing illustration, not just pencil drawings but doing some other experimentation as well. I would like to try out some collage work as I am really interested in this and would like to develop my skills in this area more. I want to have fun with this brief and not just feel like I’m drawing guns and soldiers, so I want to go out of the box with this subject and make it my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment