Monday 20 February 2017

cop: study task 8

My theme that I am working on is Japanese Art. I am mostly looking into woodblock printing and the effectiveness of communication within certain eras. The visual aspect that I want to look at is mostly, colours that were used within these art pieces, and how I can replicate the aesthetic of the woodblock printing without actually doing it.


Woodblock printing is very time consuming and takes a lot of practice, therefore I think by just mimicking the aesthetics of the art will help me to time manage my project and it will be interesting for me to see how easily I can replicate this style. The materials I will be using are mostly ink, watercolours and fineliner. This is to also replicate the style of the Japanese Art as mostly they use thin lines and block colours. This is why I will not be practicing any other means such as collage etc. because I think that it will not fit the aesthetic that I am going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment